If you're interested in volunteering please give us a call, send us an email or just stop by downtown to chat. There are opportunities to volunteer both at Turtle Lake Refuge downtown and at our farm during the growing season. During the growing season, we usually have weekly work parties on the farm in the morning. Please call or email to find out the specific day.
What kind of projects can I work on?
- creating living wild food recipes
- harvesting local and wild foods
- planting microgreens
- processing wild foods
- permaculture practices while farming
- a host of other daily projects such as upkeep & organization, cleaning help is always great!
What should I consider before volunteering and entering the kitchen?
- be free of any infections (cold, flu, etc.)
- wash hands in the hallway sink with soap and water
- secure your hair back behind your shoulders
- put on a clean apron
- wear gloves when in contact with any raw/ready-to-eat foods
- please keep your pets outside
What should I consider when volunteering in the grow rooms (microgreens)?
- first, put down a plastic cover (plastic tablecloth) on your work table
- then, with a clean cloth, sanitize the plastic cover with bleach water from the kitchen
- put on gloves when handling raw/ready-to-eat foods
- repeat cleaning procedures as necessary between food jobs