Local Wild Life Cafe
- We serve lunch to the community every Tuesday and Friday from 11:11am-2:22pm.
- Suggested donation of $10-15: includes drink, soup & salad, main entree, and dessert.
- Our benefit lunch specializes in locally grown, wild harvested, and living foods!
- We often post the lunch menu online using our twitter account between 10:30am to 11:00am
- The menu changes daily according to what's abundant locally, and our chefs' creative inspiration.
- We use primarily raw, organic, vegetarian or vegan ingredients. The honey we use is from HoneyVille.
- You are welcome to seat yourself.
- Please let the kitchen staff know you're here so we can prepare your lunch plate.
- We have seating available in the outside patio, in the microgreens grow room, and on the second floor (which is cozy warm in the winter).
- Donations for lunch go in the gold box in the hallway, or you may donate with a credit card using PayPal. Our office computer is available to use for this at your convenience. You may also donate time as a volunteer in exchange for lunch.
- Feel free to call us and we can prepare you a take-out lunch. We use biodegradable take-out containers from BioSmart.
We are located at 848 E. 3rd Ave. in Durango, Colorado; we are in the same building as Rocky Mountain Retreat. The main entrance for Turtle Lake Refuge is in the back of the building below, in the alley. You may also enter from the front by using the foot pathway on the far right side of the building.
There is usually ample street parking available nearby on 8th St., 9th St., and 4th Ave. We do not have public parking spaces available at this time. Please do not park in the alley.
Our front yard:
Our backyard patio:
from our "sushi style" lunch on April 23, 2010
- Comfrey and hollyhock Green Juice:
Comfrey, hollyhock, lemon and honey
- Miso Soup:
Miso, tamari, fresh chives, cabbage and red onion
- Quinoa Beet Salad:
Sprouted Quinoa, beets, tamari, sunflower oil, ginger and garlic
- Sushi Roll:
Seed cheese, beets, buckwheat sprouts, pea sprouts and avocado
* Poppy seed Lemon Bar:
Buckwheat flour, honey, lemons, cashews psyllium and poppy seeds